Whether you hear temporary retail, flash retailing, pop-up store, or pop-up shop, it is all one and the same. Pop-up shops are taking over the retail world and rethinking traditional brick-and-mortar and big-box stores, but what exactly is a shop that pops up?
- Term: typically a 3 days to 3 months.
- Location: high foot traffic areas such as city centers, malls, and busy streets.
- Price: much lower than a traditional store, typically paid upfront.
- Use: launch new product, generate awareness, move inventory, vet idea, increase ‘cool’ factor.
What are the benefits of a pop-up shop?
- Connect with customers: The pop-up retail format allows you to personally get to know your customers and build stronger relationships.
- Sell more: About 95% of all purchases are still completed offline. This is your opportunity to take advantage of the retail channel.
- Build awareness: Consumers and the media love the excitement generated by pop-up shops. Build awareness by going offline!
- It’s cheaper: Launching a pop-up shop is 80% cheaper than a traditional retail store
- Test new markets: Easily enter a new market and launch new products
So, who can start pop-up shop?
The short answer is everyone. Big-name brands, including eBay, Target, JCPenney, and Gap, have tested hosting pop-up products in their stores. At the same time, local artists, makers and fashion designers have also become increasingly popular in the Pop-Up scene. Even mobile trucks for food, designer fashion and vintage housewares have been spotted around cities like New York City, San Francisco, and Los Angeles.
Where to find a space for a Pop-Up Store?
Right here ! Thanks to Storefront, you can now find the perfect short-term space in 3 clicks. Lofts, retail spaces, apartments, Malls… you’ll find all space types on www.thestorefront.com from $50 a day.
Can you remember the time when Storefront did not exist? You spent months and months looking for spaces, expensive ones… Not, it’s something you can do over the lunch time.
Just go to Storefront’s website, look for your market and location, and send a message to the landlord. All our spaces on Storefront are open to short-term rentals. Moreover, we take care of the insurance ! You have no good reasons not to start not.